Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 5: Day 2

Today I had a great run! Home by 5:30pm I headed out the door for a run in the neighborhood and this was OK since my foot has been bothering me and I want to avoid rocky trails as much as possible. I ran the loop I've been frequenting as of late (Lehigh --> Greenbriar) and I couldn't help but hop on the track once again.

Before the track, I ran for 26 minutes - easy pace. Ran one mile around the track just to get a sense for my pace again: 8:20. I'm OK with that. Then decided I'd pick up my pace and do a couple laps without checking my watch. Two laps turned into four! I was fairly comfortable - trying to back off a little when I found my breath becoming ragged and uncontrolled - and here's the result:

Lap 1:  1:45
Lap 2:  1:42
Lap 3:  1: 43
Lap 4:  1:46

A total of 6:56 pace. Not 6:30-40 pace like I thought, but still OK with me for now. I think I'll continue to do these mile pickups and watch my progress.

I did a "cooldown" back home for 12 minutes for a total of 53 minutes today. Not too shabby! Oh, and my foot didn't bother me at all, although just to be safe I think I will buy new running shoes.

Total:
Run: 53 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment