This morning I got out for my run relatively early. Considering the hectic pace of the last few days, I decided it was best to get it out of the way before anything could disrupt my routine. We had a light dusting of snow last night which meant for a very pleasant jaunt. Byrdie was lovin' the day. I can't seem to remember her at all on the run, which means she was probably off happily bounding around in the snow keeping her distance but still keeping me in sight so I didn't have to call her back. We only ran to the top of the Bluestem trail and back - about 40 minutes. My legs were sore from yoga and running yesterday, so this was a bit of a shakeout run.
The sun was blinding (but, oh, the sun!) as it reflected off the fresh powder and the trails were frozen which made for much more pleasant conditions than yesterday's run. My arch didn't bother me while I was running, but I can definitely feel it now. Honestly, I've come to believe that there are two reasons for my arch problem: yoga and my new Danskos. I have naturally high arches, but over the years of pounding with less than ideal arch support, they have collapsed a little. Since I've added yoga back into my routine, my body is realigning. The Danskos I've been wearing to work everyday have great arch support. Unfortunatly I don't have the same support in my running shoes. This can be fixed! I'll be more conscious of wearing my orthodics.
Anyway, here's the pathetic total for the week:
Total:
Yoga: 60 minutes
Running: 145 minutes
More rest days than I care to mention (again)
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment