I had the morning free since I'm working in the gym this evening. Despite the fact that I just got a new puppy and despite the temptation of staying in bed to snuggle with that sleeping boy, I made it out for my first run after a 6 day recovery period. I took it easy and paid close attention to how my foot felt throughout the run. Really, it didn't bother me all that much. Since this injury seems to be an overuse type of injury, I know this doesn't mean much, just coming off of a long break. I'm hopeful, though!
We had fresh snow this morning and Byrdie loved it!
Recalling:
The snow-laden pine branches hanging low, grabbing at my shoulders as I pass by them by and dropping that fluffy white stuff onto me.
Once again, fresh powder and the cross country skiers greeting me with a wide grin - afterall, this is Boulder and it's not often you can take advantage of powder before the Boulderites tromp through the snow and pack it down.
The feeling a run after total cardiovascular recovery - I didn't often experience this feeling in my racing years!
Total:
Running: 30 minutes
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment