Today I went for a longish run since yesterday was a short day. Byrdie and I drove over to the South side of Marshall Mesa and started off from the trailhead on 93. The weather was chilly and gray and there weren't many people on the trails. I started off feeling pretty good. My hamstrings are still tight and a little sore today, but that's to be expected. About 3 miles into the run, I started to feel sluggish. The trails were slightly snow-covered and very muddy. The mud was a lot like soft clay, so it really stuck to my shoes which made them feel heavy and probably contributed to the way I felt. I pushed through and eventually my run improved. I had a pretty significant climb between miles 4 and 5 and I didn't have any problems with keeping my pace. I finished out the run on Dowdy Draw running past the Flatirons Vista trailhead and back across 93 to the Marshall Mesa trailhead. Once I climbed ot of the valley, the wind picked up and the snow flakes began to fall. I wished I had a hat!
Overall, not a great run in terms of how I felt, but I made it through without stopping. Well, I did stop to take a couple of photos with my iphone... I'll post those in my other spot. A respectable 6.5 miles in the books. Took me about 56 minutes which means I averaged just under 9 minute pace. I'm really not sure how this would convert on flat roads, but I'm not really concerned at this point. Slow and steady... :)
Total: 15 miles - Looking back on the week of running, I probably ran about 23 miles. Again, slow and steady climb. :)
View my route!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment