Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 3: Day 6

Another mild winter day in Colorado. Ben and I took advantage and both decided to run longer runs than usual. We started off together on some treacherous ice climbing uphill on the Shanahan trails - Ben nearly lost his life (OK exaggeration, but the fall was pretty scary) - and parted ways so that Ben finished the Shanahan big loop and I continued to the Mesa trail and then cut down to Bluestem and back home. Once Ben and I split off I had no more problems with ice which was a blessing because it was mostly down hill!

Along the way, Byrdie and I heard a very noisy animal in the dry creek bed and waited for a few minutes to see if it would show itself. We never did see the critter, but if I had to guess I would say it was a skunk (unless they hibernate?) so it's probably good that the stinky fella never showed face. After the animal encounter, the run was so so fun! Mostly downhill (and like I said, no ice) we moved and moved fast! What fun it is to bound from rock to rock pushing off of one and onto another. Did I mention this is one of my favorite runs?

The run was 57 minutes. A great run! My right arch is a little tender now, but I plan to stretch and ice... no injuries!

Total:
Snowshoeing: 150 minutes
Running: 144 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment