Friday, January 8, 2010

Week 1: Day 4

Well, you can't blame me for not trying. I started off on a run after work but unfortunately the sub-zero temperature got the best of me. First of all, Byrdie's jacket was in Ben's car and after about 5 minutes I realized she really needed the thing. Second of all, when I headed back home to drop her off, I saw that after 10 minutes outside my cheeks were already red and wind burned. I pulled out the alumni card... :)

Used Ben's trainer for the first time. Since I was short on time, I used his bike and biking shoes. I actually had a great little workout! I biked for about 40 minutes and my heart rate averaged 165-180 almost the entire time. I probably exercised at a higher % max than I do while running. I turned on a show I've never seen, but read about often on my Twitter: Glee. It's this fun new show about a Glee Club at a high school in Ohio. I actually really enjoyed the episode - it was almost like a musical! The bike workout was a nice change of pace and I finished dripping sweat!

I hear today (because I'm posting this a day late) should be in the 30's. I can handle 30 degrees. Back out to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment