Today I drove down to the Springs to see my long-time friend Marci. She was in town visiting her brother, Brian and his wife, Darci. We all took a 4-hour hike up to Jones Park which was about six miles round-trip. We actually did some scrambling up a scree field as we wandered slightly off the trail because of the snow-cover. The trails were moderately challenging and I did find myself breathless once in a while so I know that I did get my heart rate up at some points.
I didn't run today - chose this hike as my form of exercise today instead. The hike was beautiful and really fun and I'll post a few pictures from the trip in my other space. There's nothing like spending time with friends who have known you for your entire life. So much history, such a real, quality friendship. What a great chance to reconnect!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment