I had a difficult time getting myself out the door today. Waking at 4:30am for work and "resting" on the couch for an hour after work didn't help my motivation (resting meaning watching my guilty pleasure shows on netflix). Alas, thanks to Byrdie's ceaseless whining once I pulled out my running gear, I made it out for an easy 30 minutes. I don't have a specific route to list here - I mostly bumbled around the trails and then through the neighborhood just taking it easy and avoiding hills so that I could recover. I started off feeling so-so which isn't hard to imagine considering how I was feeling before I left the house but after 15 minutes the run improved and I fell into my usual rhythm.
A short run was all I wanted to do today since I ran a bit longer yesterday. Tomorrow I work late and I have the morning free which means I can take the time for another long run. I'm looking forward to the am run since most mornings there's blue skies and sunshine around here. Such an amazing, refreshing feeling!
Some highlights of my run today:
the complete randomness of my route
Byrdie barreling down the trail carrying the biggest stick (log?) she could find
the hues of pink, purple and orange in the east
the blue sky and purple and orange clouds in the west
the giant houses along my neighborhood route - houses I don't often see since I'm usually on trails in the daylight
the still air - the type you only feel at dusk
Total: 3.5 miles (probably an underestimation, but better than overestimating)
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment