Tonight Veronique and I ran around the Shanahan neighborhood. Like the last run around the area, we headed north on Lehigh and looped around to head back up Greenbriar and home. This was the first time I've seen my bestie since before Christmas! As time goes by and silly things like law school and work fill our days, we find fewer moments to spend together. We talked about the "good old days" when we all used to spend every minute of our lives together, whether that be class, work, practice, meets or just hanging out. Hell, we even lived together! These days, we're lucky to see each other once every couple of weeks despite living only a few miles apart. But, I digress.
This run was filled with conversations of the past, the present and hopes for the future - and it was exactly what we both needed. We even added a mile around the high school track because we just weren't ready to be finished running - or conversing - when that last mile came around. The pace was perfect, the air chilly and still and the company was happily welcomed! It feels so good to be back into a routine of sorts and to be running with friends and old teammates. Again, I need to map out this run, but with the extra mile around the track we made it 47 minutes.
Total:
Run: 165 minutes
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment